INTERVIEW: KORRECTNAIJA MEETS CLOVER( @captclover_) OF HCRA ( @theHCRA ) (HYPE CONCERT AND REVOLUTIONARYAWARDS )



The Hype Concert and Revolutionary Awards 2016 is fast approaching and it is by far one of the most talked about event benin has seen in a while , so we at KN decided to try and get a sneak peak what was cooking in this much anticipated show. we met up with the C.E.O (Apparently he prefers the term Team Head ) of CLOVER CONGLOMERATE and organizer of the HCRA , "Omokhomion Clover Emmanuel". we had a little chat and this is what the young  CEO had to say.


KN:- May we know you ?. the brain behind the HCRA 2016
CLOVER :- My name is Omokhomion Clover Emmanuel, I'm the Team Head of the Clover Conglomerate. I don't like the word 'CEO'
As for the Brain Behind The HCRA 2016, I can't take the credit. That would go to the various minds who made it possible, Captain Tega, Nosa, Bobby (Bob Sneh), Pet (God rest his soul, Sir Fimix, wolf. Amongst many others.
 
 
KN:- Tell us about the franchise "clover"
CLOVER :- Well Clover as a franchise is a philanthropic establishment. We aren't basically in it for the economy, but we want to give. Give in the simplest and most possible way. That's why I will positively say that our events will be handled with much quality but it will also be as cheap and almost free as possible. Sometimes Free.

KN:- Tell us about the HCRA
CLOVER:- The HCRA is a combination of two events in one, a Concert and an award ceremony. I simply see it as a show which is for the students themselves. Most people always want to make artists the main attraction but the concept of the HCRA is totally different.

KN:- What inspired you to start up the HCRA ?
CLOVER:- Lol , that would be in 2014 with Pet, Bobby and Tega Then As the PHC. We had this conversation one certain time about going big, going live. Crazy ideas. Then this trooped in. We started working, Club Events and trying to make it possible. All the events we've done till date were basically done out of try and Error. We met people, submitting proposals and all that. Making corrections. Listening to the greed
Of many people.

KN:- What challenges have you faced with the planning and setting up of the HCRA?
CLOVER:- Lol my brother. Well my greatest challenge is the loss of my brother and friend Pet. The burden had to be carried with a lesser number. Also the various turn downs we had from companies. The insults, the discouragements to stop and face reality, the break ups (Lol), the refusal of Salary payments sometimes, the Hot Sun, the times we would see just 20 naira in your wallet, Lol there was this one time I almost gave up, I sat down literally on the road with cool8 and the Squad because (Shout out to Kosi for the Love, God bless you) we didn't even have one dime to move anywhere, we just sat there looking at ourselves. I think it was my gateman who gave us money, But to be honest. It was really fun.

KN:- We know  the industry is not so friendly to young entrepreneurs,what  motivates you to keep going ??
CLOVER:- That's what motivates me. I'm the kind of person that would decide to make you a friend, whether you like it or not. Its this Unfriendliness that has gotten me the platform I have gotten today. Imagine someone turning you down because you didn't use public transport or bring a babe to come see him, (Let me use this venue to address something, I'm not a Pimp). I don't understand why you would not support something just because you... Its alright.  

KN:- where do you see the HCRA in 5 years time ?
CLOVER:- That should be #HCRA2020, I see it to be less stressful than it is right now. I know it will.

KN:- what should we expect from the clover franchise in the near future? .
CLOVER:- in terms of events and stuff Well after this, I'd be setting up another company handling student musicians. More concepts, and concerts. (Watch Out for Alhaji Wolf's concert coming soon), I also think I'd attempt entering the fashion industry. Its quite scary but I'd do it.
Investments along side many things.
 
KN- what should we expect to see in this years HCRA ??
CLOVER:- My brother, I don't even know what I expect to see. Honestly.
So far my vision till date hasn't even passed the red carpet.

KN- What advice do you have for other young entrepreneurs like yourself ?
CLOVER:- Simple. Give Up, its easier. But if you don't want to listen to that, do what you can. Just make sure your event come out a reality (a quote from my friend TG BANKS) (Go and buy your Comedy Vandaam Tickets. I'd be giving out 10 tickets that day at the HCRA). Bless



FOR INQUIRIES AND PARTICIPATION CONTACT :
TWITTER @theHCRA 
08059004873
2C248DC8

Twitter: - @korrectnaija 
BBM channel - C002317AD 
Facebook:- www.facebook.com/korrectnaija

No comments

What do you think about this post ??

'; (function() { var dsq = document.createElement('script'); dsq.type = 'text/javascript'; dsq.async = true; dsq.src = '//' + disqus_shortname + '.disqus.com/embed.js'; (document.getElementsByTagName('head')[0] || document.getElementsByTagName('body')[0]).appendChild(dsq); })();
Powered by Blogger.